2300 Clayton Rd. Suite 350
Concord, CA 94520
Admitted to Practice
– All courts in the State of California
– U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
– J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2007
– B.A. University of California- Davis, Political Science, 2004
Presentations and Articles
– Presenter: “Wage and Hour Laws in California” given with Jason Mauck to Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce, February 2015
– Presenter: “Handling Habitability Claims” given with Jason Mauck to East Bay Rental Housing Association, January 2015
– “Updates on Employment Law” given with Brian Sanders to the Antioch Chamber of Commerce, June 2013.
– Presenter, “California Wage and Hour Laws” given to the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce, May 2013
– Presenter, “California Wage and Hour Laws” given to the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, May 2013
– Presenter, “2013 Employment Law Update” given to the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce, May 2013.
– Panelist, "The Balancing Act" (Handling Short Sales); Realty World Northern California Conference/Awards, Napa, California April 12, 2013
Andrew is a partner in the Oakland office. His practice focuses on real estate, employment personal injury and construction defect matters. Prior to joining Ericksen Arbuthnot, Andrew practiced civil litigation at firms in both the Bay Area and Central Valley.
Andrew is a member of the firm’s Employment Practice Group and has extensive experience in defending employers in claims of harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations and breach of contract. Andrew has defended employers in both state and federal courts, as well as various administrative agencies including the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB) and the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE). In addition, Andrew provides consultation and counsel to employers of all sizes including review of employee handbooks, company policies and internal forms to help avoid the costs and stress of litigation. Andrew is a frequent presenter to local employer and business groups on topics such as wage and hour and employment law updates.
Andrew is also a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group and has represented property owners, lenders, insurance companies, property management companies and real estate professionals in both litigation and non-litigation matters. In addition to defending large property management companies through trial, Andrew also has negotiated favorable settlements and has significant experience in defending real estate brokers, agents and appraisers in professional negligence cases.
In addition to resolving matters through litigation, Andrew also has brought about positive results for his clients through mediation and informal settlement conferences. He understands the vital role ADR methods can play in efficiently meeting a client's needs.
In 2012, Andrew was elected to the Alameda County Bar Association Barristers Executive Committee for the 2012-2013 term, and served as Secretary for the 2013 year. He also is a founding member of the Pleasanton Young Professionals Group through the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce.
Andrew lives in Livermore with his wife and two daughters, and enjoys playing golf in his spare time.