2300 Clayton Rd. Suite 350
Concord, CA 94520
Admitted to Practice
– U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
– U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law
Visiting student, University of California at Berkeley, School of Law - Boalt Hall
B.A., University of California, Davis
Presentations and Articles
– “What to do (and not do) with your social media policy,” Oakland Business Review October 2012
– “Potential Statutory Obstacles In Enforcing Waiver Provisions In Health And Fitness Club Agreements In California”
– “Enforcing Release Provisions For Injuries Sustained In Health And Fitness Clubs In California”
– “Recent Updates In California Real Estate Law,” Co-Authored with Brian Sanders
– “Damages Available Against a Real Estate Professional in a Civil Malpractice Lawsuit”
– “Handling Claims Against Real Estate Professionals in California,” presented with Mark Tratten and Mark Kiefer to private client, September, 2008
– “How to Defend and Protect Your Real Estate License and Professional Reputation from a Failure to Disclose Lawsuit and a Department of Real Estate Audit,” presented with Brian Sanders to SAMCAR, the Bay East Association of Realtors, and private clients
– “Professional Duties and Disclosure Obligations of Real Estate Agents and Brokers Under California Law,” presented with Mark Tratten and Von Reyes to insurance companies and private clients, 2006
– “Real Estate Disclosure and Department of Real Estate Compliance Issues,” presented with Brian Sanders to private client
Joseph J. (J.J.) Minioza is the Managing Partner of the Oakland/East Bay office and Co-Chair of the firm's Employment Law and Real Estate practice groups. He is also a member of the board of directors. He is AV® Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell and has been named a California Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters since 2013. Mr. Minioza exclusively defends companies and businesses in all manner of civil litigation, whether it is defending suits brought by employees for wage and hour or wrongful termination claims, defending a trucking company in a multi-million personal injury claim, a professional accused of professional malpractice, or commercial real estate owner sued for significant claims of premises liability or breach of habitability.
Mr. Minioza believes that while he can learn his clients’ business, his trial skills cannot be learned other than by hands-on experience, and he brings that trial experience to defending his clients’ lawsuits. His experience adds tremendous value to his clients’ business strategy in defending and evaluating the inevitable lawsuits they face. Mr. Minioza believes that, ultimately, his legal services are just one important part of his client’s business strategy in handling their civil litigation and risk management needs. Mr. Minioza has tried numerous jury trials in both state and federal court and in every county in the San Francisco Bay Area. His trial results have been published in California Jury Verdicts Weekly and Verdict Search California Report. Mr. Minioza has tried employment, commercial automobile, premises liability, and professional liability cases with a very high degree of success.
Some highlights of Mr. Minioza’s professional experience:
Mr. Minioza has B.A. degrees in History and Political Science from the University of California, Davis, and obtained his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles. He lives in San Ramon, California with his wife, Kathleen, and their two children, Samuel and Avery. He is an avid golfer and fan of the San Francisco Giants and Forty-Niners.
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.