2300 Clayton Rd., Suite 500
Concord, CA 94520
Admitted to Practice
– All California State Courts
– U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
– U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
– U.S. District Court, Central District of California
– U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
– United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law
B.A., California Polytechnic State University
– Peterson v. Islamic Republic of Iran, 627 F.3d 1117 (9th Cir., 2010)
– State Bar of California v. Statile, 168 Cal.App.4th 650 (Cal.App. 1st Dist., 2008)
– Carpenter & Zuckerman v. Cohen, 195 Cal.App.4th 373 (Cal.App. 2nd Dist., 2011)
– Kraus-Anderson Capital, Inc. v. Alamo Medical Supply & Equipment, Inc., 2011 WL 3805992 (Cal.App. 2nd Dist., 2011)
Mr. Dunn is an Associate in the firm's Oakland/East Bay office. Before joining the firm, Mr. Dunn was an Associate at two defense side civil litigation firms and was a Senior Deputy City Attorney for the City of Salinas. He has successfully represented both public and private entities in a variety of civil litigation matters including personal injury, employment, civil rights, commercial contract, landlord-tenant, and asbestos cases. He also has extensive experience with debt collection matters.
Mr. Dunn's honors include being named in 2017 to The National Black Lawyers' “Top 40 Under 40” list for the State of California. During law school he was awarded a scholarship by the Wake Forest Black Law Students Association and represented Wake Forest University School of Law on both its Thurgood Marshall Trial Competition Team and its American Trial Lawyers Association Trial Team. As an undergraduate, Mr. Dunn was selected as the Outstanding Senior of his graduating class by the Cal Poly Speech Communication Department, and was named an All-American Debater by the Cross Examination Debate Association.
From 2001 to 2003, Mr. Dunn served in the United States Peace Corps in Ghana, West Africa. As a Peace Corps Volunteer, he was trained as a Water, Sanitation, and Health Educator, and gave HIV/AIDS prevention talks and other community health presentations.
Mr. Dunn lives in San Pablo, California with his wife, Kathryn. In his spare time, Mr. Dunn enjoys participating in trail and ultra-marathon races.